Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr
November 20, 2007

Clarence decision opposed

Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone

000299Conservationist Michael Smith has said he will appeal Dublin City Council’s decision to grant planning permission for a €150 million demolition and rebuilding project involving the Clarence Hotel and five neighbouring properties. Mr Smith said the decision was “shocking” and warned he would seek a judicial review if An Bord Pleanála did not show sufficient regard to stringent criteria that he said applied to the demolition of protected structures, of which the hotel was a prominent example. The city planners last week approved plans for the demolition and reconstruction of the hotel and neighbouring buildings to include a spectacular rooftop “skycatcher atrium”, a spa, more than 140 bedrooms, a two-level basement containing a swimming pool and car parking and a “signature” restaurant.

The Irish Times

Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone

 

More in Irish Architecture News
See RTE and die: it’s a world’s best building

The drab, box-like buildings at the RTE studios in Montrose in Donnybrook might not be everyone's choice when it comes to picking the most significant architectural achievements in Ireland. But...

Close