1818 – Custom House, Cork
The first known Custom House in Cork was built in 1724 in Emmet Place and is now part of the Crawford Art Gallery. In 1818 a new Custom House was designed by William Hargrave and built at Custom House Street. It became known as the ‘new’ Custom House. Its main work dealt with inland revenue. In 1882 it became the headquarters of the Cork Harbour Commissioners.