A fine building on a gently curving site with Art Deco detailing added as offices to existing factory. The single bay building with bay window marks the entrance to the main factory, which was sited behind, and which was the first pneumatic tyre factory in the world. A plaque on the building read “The first pneumatic tyre factory in the world was started here in 1898 to make tyres under John Boyd Dunlop’s patent of the 7th December 1888.”
All but the facade was demolished to make way for a new office development for Dunnes Stores in 2006-07. The new building is entered from the corner of Stephen Street and South Great Georges Street.