A major facelift is planned for the 107-year-old Dublin City Coroner’s Court in Store Street in the city centre. A new entrance and courtyard along with more offices in a two-storey extension are part of the planned revamp, which is expected to be finished within 18 months. Dublin City Council has put the project out to tender and anyone interested in the contract has to make this known to the city council before July 17. The current Coroner’s Court was built in 1901 on the site of the old Custom House flour mills. It was designed by the City Architect, Charles J. McCarthy and the court and the city morgue together cost €4,505. The Store Street building replaced the old city morgue in Lower Marlborough Street, now the site of the Abbey Theatre. Nearly 10 years ago the morgue on the Store Street site was demolished and moved to a temporary base in Marino where the fire brigade has its training centre.