Council assessing plan for damaged church

Dublin City Council says it is in discussion with the “reputed owner” of a former Methodist Church in the north city that was partly demolished without permission earlier this week. The front and left side of the building, on Jones’s Road in Dublin 3, had been razed by JCBs on Tuesday night and Wednesday morning, and the works rendered the building unsafe in the opinion of the council. A spokeswoman for the council said the reputed owner has been in discussion with its building inspector and has submitted a proposal that is being assessed to ascertain if it will make the building safe. The council issued an enforcement notice demanding the reinstatement of the former church and schoolhouse and its railings, as well as the cessation of unauthorised demolition on the site. John Reilly, buildings inspector with the council, said the structure was not a listed building, but since new rules were introduced in June, permission was required to demolish an industrial building greater than 100sq m.

The Irish Times

Latest News

September 26, 2016: ‘Sustaining the Industrial Heritage” – Annual Maura Shaffrey Memorial Lecture
September 22, 2016: Open House Cork looking for volunteers
September 21, 2016: ‘Building Ireland’ return to RTE, September 30


Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com