1591 – Canongate Tolbooth, Edinburgh

canongate_tolbooth_lge

Once the heart of the Canongate area, the Tolbooth contained a council chamber and jail. The chamber was accessible via the external staircase o the first floor while the jail was beneath it. The building was restored in 1879 when the dormered windows were added.

Latest News

December 1, 2016: Annual Heritage Angel Awards for Northern Ireland
December 1, 2016: New UAHS book on Young & MacKenzie
November 17, 2016: Winners of the 2016 Wood Awards Ireland are announced


Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com