1688 – Canongate Kirk, Edinburgh
Unusual church designed for a displaced Presbyterian congregation when the Abbey Church of Holyrood was converted into a chapel for the Order of the Thistle. The rear elevations are harled whilst the southern elevation is in fine cut ashlar with decorative curvilinear gables. The small doric porch looks rather ungainly aginst the building. Unusually for a presbyterian church, the interior features a cruciform plan and aisles instead of the more usual arrangement.