1691 – Institut de France, Paris

Architect: Louis Le Vau


Originally built as a college for students from conquered states, the building included a public library and a chapel. The building with its baroque decor and strong symmetrical design has at its centre the chapel with a grand entrance and dome. Since 1805, it has been the headquarters of the Institut de France.

Latest News

October 14, 2016: Irish Architectural Archive’s new publication ‘House and Home’
October 12, 2016: Desmond Guinness Scholarship 2016 open for applications
October 5, 2016: Newbridge House Study Day

Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com