1743 – Dunlavin Market House, Co. Wicklow

Architect: Richard Cassels

dunlavin-market_house_lge

The market house was built around 1743 and designed by Richard Cassels. Originally a cruciform building, the corners are filled by colonnades. All the archways have now been closed up, as the building is in use as a library. This is all capped by a magnificent stone tower and dome.

Latest News

September 26, 2016: ‘Sustaining the Industrial Heritage” – Annual Maura Shaffrey Memorial Lecture
September 22, 2016: Open House Cork looking for volunteers
September 21, 2016: ‘Building Ireland’ return to RTE, September 30


Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com