Built on a prominent site on St Andrew’s Square, this would have be the site for a church to mirror that built as St George’s Church on Charlotte Square. Unfortunetly for Edinburgh, Sir Laurence Dundas got there first and commisioned Sir William Chambers to build this Palladian villa. Now converted to the headquarters of the Royal Bank of Scotland, the interior has a magnificent banking hall added in 1857 by J.M. Dick Peddie. It has a blue painted iron dome with gold star shaped coffers.