1774 – Former Hospital, Armagh, Co. Armagh

Architect: George Ensor

former_hospital_lge

Built as the city hospital in 1774, and now an outreach campus for Queens University Belfast. Deceptively small, the ground falls away behind the main fa├žade to allow for more floors on the rear wing. The left hand side of the main block contained the residence for the Surgeon, the remains of the door surround can still be seen.

Latest News

September 26, 2016: ‘Sustaining the Industrial Heritage” – Annual Maura Shaffrey Memorial Lecture
September 22, 2016: Open House Cork looking for volunteers
September 21, 2016: ‘Building Ireland’ return to RTE, September 30


Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com