1774 – Former Hospital, Armagh, Co. Armagh

Architect: George Ensor


Built as the city hospital in 1774, and now an outreach campus for Queens University Belfast. Deceptively small, the ground falls away behind the main fa├žade to allow for more floors on the rear wing. The left hand side of the main block contained the residence for the Surgeon, the remains of the door surround can still be seen.

Latest News

October 14, 2016: Irish Architectural Archive’s new publication ‘House and Home’
October 12, 2016: Desmond Guinness Scholarship 2016 open for applications
October 5, 2016: Newbridge House Study Day

Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com