1780 – Théâtre de l’Odeon, Paris
Designed by Pierre Louis Moreau, who was the city architect, the Théâtre de l’Odeon was begun in 1774 as a replacement for “Comédie Française”. Constructed was restarted in 1780 to new designs by Marie-Joseph Peyre & Charles deWailly. The building originally had a pyramidal roof and arched links to neighbouring buildings but these have been removed. The interior has a vestibule and a large hall with over 1,900 seats on four floors.