The third Anketell’s Grove (the other two being replaced by each subsequent house on different sites) was originally built in 1781. A five bayed house with curved sweeps to two small wings, the main block has a small fan-lighted pediment. The wings have Georgian Gothic windows while the remainder of the house including the sweeps have round headed windows. Remodelled in 1840, the house was given an unusual Italianate Campanile sprouting from the centre of the main block. Like Gola House (now demolished) also in Monaghan it may always have had a central tower but this is uncertain.