1804 – Christ Church, Church of Ireland, Fermoy, Co. Cork

Architect: Abraham Hargrave

fermoy_churchofireland_lge

Church of Portland stone with tower and spire on the site of 13th century Cistercian abbey. The contractors were William Deane and William Kearns. According to Lewis’s Topographical Directory of Ireland, 1837, the spire had been removed some years previously.

Latest News

December 1, 2016: Annual Heritage Angel Awards for Northern Ireland
December 1, 2016: New UAHS book on Young & MacKenzie
November 17, 2016: Winners of the 2016 Wood Awards Ireland are announced


Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com