1809 – Courthouse, Armagh, Co. Armagh

Architect: Francis Johnston

courthouse_lge

0004

The courthouse by Francis Johnston is a relatively simple affair and should be compared with the larger Courthouse built in nearby Monaghan only twenty years later. Armagh Courthouse is a three space building, a central hallway with a courtroom on either side, each of these lit by tall round headed windows. The external fa├žades are crisply detailed with very slender columns supporting the plain portico.

Latest News

September 26, 2016: ‘Sustaining the Industrial Heritage” – Annual Maura Shaffrey Memorial Lecture
September 22, 2016: Open House Cork looking for volunteers
September 21, 2016: ‘Building Ireland’ return to RTE, September 30


Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com