Architect: Sir Richard Morrison
The ancestral seat of the Earls of Wicklow was the palatial Shelton Abbey, near Arklow, County Wicklow, which remained in the family until 1951. Detached eleven-bay two storey former mansion, built in 1770 but remodelled in gothic style to designs by Sir Richard Morrison in 1819. Lavishly embellished with reducing buttresses with tall pinnacles. Currently in use as a prison.