Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1822 – Courthouse, Enniskillen, Co. Fermanagh

Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone
Architect: William Farrell

courthouse_lge

Originally built around 1785, the courthouse was largely rebuilt in 1820-21 by William Farrell. The prominent and rather heavy Doric porch was added at this time. Unlike many other Irish towns, the courthouse is not a grandiose neo-classical building but a simply designed and plain building.

Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone

 

Read previous post:
1798 – Castle Coole, Enniskillen, Co. Fermanagh

Architect: James Wyatt Castle Coole was constructed between 1789-1798 as the summer retreat of Armar Lowry-Corry, the 1st Earl of...

Close