Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1825 – Courthouse, Cavan, Co. Cavan

Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone
Architect: William Farrell

courthouse_lge

Presumed to be the work of William Farrell as it is almost identical to a courthouse by him in Carrick-on-shannon, the courthouse cost 11,000 pounds to build. Five bays wide, the central three break forward and have a plain pediment. Carrick-on-shannon does not have a pediment but a decorative balustrade. The blind recesses and arches create a simple and austere facade. The interior features the traditional Irish plan of two courtrooms separated by a vestibule.

Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone

 

Read previous post:
1820 – Church of Ireland, Cavan, Co. Cavan

Architect: John Bowden One of the larger Board of First Fruits churches due to the town's status as a garrison...

Close