Architect: George Pain / W.H. Hill
Originally designed by the Pains in 1835, though built by the Deane family of architects. The interior was destroyed by a fire in 1891 and subsequently redesigned by W.H. Hill who replaced the austerity of the original Neo-Classical revival with an early Rennaissance style. The courthouse closed in June 1994 to allow for a refurbishment and reopened in early 2005.