1836 – St. Patrick’s Catholic Church, Cork
An excellent classical portico supported by six Corinthian columns, all topped by a campanile, makes this one of Cork’s finest classical buildings. The campanile is a cruciform tempietto supporting a rotunda surrounded by statues of saints. The interior is a less than happy mishmash of designs: the original interior (which was always dark) was altered by further extensions by John Benson in 1873 and by G.C. Ashlin in 1894.