Originally built as the Cork and Limerick Savings Bank; now after a series of bank amalgamations, the Permanent TSB Bank. This is one of the finest small buildings in Ireland in a neo-classical style. The façade with four Doric columns with fluted shafts presents an austere sense of solidity – essential in a bank. It was commissioned in 1839 from W.H. Owen although it was built by Sir Thomas Newenham Deane.