Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1848 – St Macartan’s College, Monaghan, Co. Monaghan

Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone
Architect: Thomas Duff

monaghan-seminary

St Macartan’s College designed by Thomas Duff is a large building of 17 bays in a restrained classical style and was built as the Diocesan college for Clogher. The centre five bays are broken forward with a plain pediment over the middle three. The remaining bays are two storeys with a further three storied pavilion at each end. The rear of the complex contains a quadrangle and tower. The building is sited some distance outside of Monaghan on a hill overlooking the town.

Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone

 

Read previous post:
1836 – Ulster Canal Stores, Monaghan, Co. Monaghan

Former stores for the now defunct Ulster Canal. Originally fronted by a small harbour and alongside a humpbacked bridge over...

Close