1849 – Lanyon Building, Queen’s University Belfast

Architect: Sir Charles Lanyon

qub_lge

0004039

0001

Sir Charles Lanyon designed the main building of Queen’s University of Belfast in 1849 which now bears his name. The building is famous for its long Gothic Revival facade and Great Hall. The Great Hall underwent an extensive £2.5m renovation in 2002, restoring it to Lanyon’s original plans.

Latest News

September 22, 2016: Open House Cork looking for volunteers
September 21, 2016: ‘Building Ireland’ return to RTE, September 30
September 21, 2016: Grafton Architects to receive IDI President’s Choice Award


Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com