1849 – Shandon Butter Market, Cork

Architect: John Benson

butter_market_lge

01550155

Built close to St. Anne’s, the former butter market was once the centre of Cork trade. This is the rear entrance with its triumphal archway flanked by coupled columns and smaller archways. A circular building alongside was also used as a market.

Latest News

September 22, 2016: Open House Cork looking for volunteers
September 21, 2016: ‘Building Ireland’ return to RTE, September 30
September 21, 2016: Grafton Architects to receive IDI President’s Choice Award


Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com