Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1850 – Soeurs de la Charité de Québec Chapel, Quebec City, Quebec

Architect: Charles Baillairgé

conventb3_lge

conventb2_lgeconventb2_lge

In 1850, the SÅ“urs de la Charité de Québec community asked Charles Baillairgé to carry out the architectural plans of a chapel. Though the chapel has been ravaged by fire on 3 different occasions, each reconstruction has respected the plans of architect Baillairgé, maintaining its initial appearance each time. The present-day chapel, dating back to 1915, stands at a height of 67 feet.

Read previous post:
1850 – Institute Canadian, Quebec City, Quebec

Built as a Wesleyan Church in 1849-50. In the twentieth century, Congregationalist, Methodist and Presbyterian churches throughout the country merged...

Close