Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1850 – St. Mary’s Priory, Cork

Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone
Architect: William Atkins

st_marys_popesquay_priory2_lge

st_marys_popesquay_priory_gable_lgest_marys_popesquay_priory_lge

Sited alongside the classical St. Mary’s catholic church, the priory by William Atkins is a mixture of classical and victorian institutional gothic. It may have been a Georgian house with remodelling and additions. Atkins linked his new block to the existing building with the campanile.

Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone

 

Read previous post:
1879 – Post Office, Cork

Architect: Jacob Owen / T.J. Mellon Large post office building with a fine curved fa├žade with arcaded windows. Designed by...

Close