1852 – Hyde Bridge, Sligo, Co. Sligo

Architect: Sir John Benson

0015

hyde bridge01_lge

This is the main bridge in Sligo and was built between 1848-53 by local architect and engineer Sir John Benson. Originally it was dedicated to Queen Victoria but has since been renamed after Ireland’s first President.

Latest News

December 1, 2016: Annual Heritage Angel Awards for Northern Ireland
December 1, 2016: New UAHS book on Young & MacKenzie
November 17, 2016: Winners of the 2016 Wood Awards Ireland are announced


Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com