Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1855 – St. James Church of Ireland, Rockcorry, Co. Monaghan

Architect: William Barre



Designed by William Barre who died before it was complete, this is a fine little Church of Ireland which has recently had a restoration. The asymmetrically sited tower marks the main entrance, and tapers into am octagonal spire.

Read previous post:
1840 – Lock Keeper’s Cottage, Templetate Lock, Smithborough, Co. Monaghan

Fine stone cottage overlooking a former lock on the now closed Ulster Canal. The canal which linked Lough Erne to...