Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1860 – Floral Hall, Covent Garden, London

Architect: Edward Middleton Barry

0121

The glass and iron-framed Floral Hall stands just to the south of the Royal Opera House at Covent Garden, and was completed soon after it. During the reconstruction or the Opera House during the 1990s, the inclusion of the adjacent old Floral Hall, long a part of the old Covent Garden Market but in general disrepair for many years, into the actual opera house created a new and extensive public gathering place. The design team was led by Jeremy Dixon and Edward Jones of Dixon Jones BDP as architects.