1860 – The Arcades at The Horticultural Gardens, South Kensington, London

Architect: Sydney Smirke

0118

0118

In 1861 the Royal Horticultural Society developed a new garden at South Kensington on land leased from the Royal Commission for the Exhibition of 1851. It was closed in 1882. The Science Museum, Imperial College and the Royal College of Music now occupy the site.

Latest News

December 1, 2016: Annual Heritage Angel Awards for Northern Ireland
December 1, 2016: New UAHS book on Young & MacKenzie
November 17, 2016: Winners of the 2016 Wood Awards Ireland are announced


Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com