1860 – The Arcades at The Horticultural Gardens, South Kensington, London

Architect: Sydney Smirke

0118

0118

In 1861 the Royal Horticultural Society developed a new garden at South Kensington on land leased from the Royal Commission for the Exhibition of 1851. It was closed in 1882. The Science Museum, Imperial College and the Royal College of Music now occupy the site.

Latest News

September 26, 2016: ‘Sustaining the Industrial Heritage” – Annual Maura Shaffrey Memorial Lecture
September 22, 2016: Open House Cork looking for volunteers
September 21, 2016: ‘Building Ireland’ return to RTE, September 30


Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com