1867 – St. Mary’s Church, Clonmel, Co. Tipperary
Designed by John B. Keane, St. Mary’s took over twenty years to complete and Keane died during construction. The church was then completed by John Bourke. The exterior can be considered the prototype for St. Mel’s Cathedral in Longford – the portico is by G.C. Ashlin. The interior with its ornate plasterwork and high alter was designed by George Goldie.