Formerly a branch of the Belfast Banking Company and thereafter the Northern Bank, the Tourist Information Office was designed by Sir Charles Lanyon in 1867. A deceptively large building, the bank was a single banking hall with a central doorway and flanking round headed windows.
The exterior is richly carved with strong rustication and sculptured keystones and a bracketed cornice. The most striking element of the façade is the massive sculpted crest over the doorway. The former banking hall inside has a fine decorative moulding ceiling.