St Paul’s Church was built in 1869-70 and consecrated on 28th July 1870. The building was erected from funds donated by local subscription. Sited just at the foot of Helsby Hill the church has a commanding view over the lower expanse of the River Mersey.
Published in The Building News, August 22 1873: “This church, which has recently been completed on the side of Helsby Hill, as a chapel of ease to the mother church of Frodsham, is built of the local grey sandstone, the roof being covered with Langdale green slates. The chancel windows have painted glass, by Hardman & Co., being the gift of the Vicar of the parish, the Rev. W.C. Cotton. Seating is provided for 300, and the cost has been a little over £2.000, Mr. John Douglas, of Chester, being the architect.”