1873 – Mansion House Buildings, London

Architect: J. & J. Belcher

0005

Detail of Queen Victoria Street front, elevation & section, as published in The Building News, July 4th 1873. “These buildings, which are now well known, are situated at tho corner of the Poultry and Queen Victoria-street; were erected for Mr. James Wheeler, from tho designs of Messrs. John and John Belcher, and we are enabled to furnish details reproduced from the architects’ working drawings, all of which have been carefully worked out. Tho shop-front forming part of our illustration is the only one which has been carried out in accordance -ith tho architects’ designs. Tho buiders wore Messrs. Jackson and Shaw. Tho ironwork and fire-proof floors wore supplied by Messrs. Moreland and Son. of Old-street. Tho carving was executed by Mr. J. W. Scale, of Walworth, and Messrs. Franklin and Andrews wore tho quantity surveyors. “

Latest News

December 1, 2016: Annual Heritage Angel Awards for Northern Ireland
December 1, 2016: New UAHS book on Young & MacKenzie
November 17, 2016: Winners of the 2016 Wood Awards Ireland are announced


Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com