Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1878 – South City Markets, South Great George’s Street, Dublin

Architect: O’Neill & Byrne

0001

Second placed entry to design the South City Markets on Great Georges Street. The original was badly damaged by a serious fire in 1892, the adaption was handled by W.H Byrne and he was also responsible for removing the central tower & spire and the corner spires from the Georges Street facade.

    Read previous post:
    1878 – Presbytery & Industrial Schools Booterstown, Co. Dublin

    Architect: John L. Robinson In Ireland the Industrial Schools Act of 1868 established industrial schools (Irish: scoileanna saothair) to care...

    Close