Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1873 – St. Luke’s Church, South Kensington, London

Architect: George & Henry Godwin

0044

0045

Saint Luke’s was built in 1872 to 1873; designed by George and Henry Godwin. Chiefly responsible for fundraising was the Reverend William Fraser Handcock, a clergyman of means, who built a wooden church, subsequently covered in iron to conform with the London building regulations, which was opened in July 1871. This was then replaced by the permanent building.

    Read previous post:
    1873 – New Offices, Paul’s Wharf, Upper Thames Street, London

    Architect: Robert W. Edis From The Building News, October 17, 1873: "These offices, of which we published an illustration in...

    Close