1874 – St Saviour’s Dominican Church, Waterford
A curious church, the classical facade marred by the asymmetrical placing of the belltower, the entire building feels disjointed. Designed by George Goldie of the well known London firm of Hadfield and Goldie. He had designed many churches in Ireland including the Cathedral in Ballaghaderreen and churches in Ballymote and Gurteen. The exterior of the building is of variable quality – the main facade is well modelled while the corner tower and side elevation are much less pleasing. The interior, although highly decorated, is dark and forbidding.