1874 – Townhall, Sligo, Co. Sligo
Designed by William Hague (who was better known for his churches), Sligo Townhall is a well proportioned building in a Lombardo-Romanesque style. The dominant feature is the central clock tower and truncated spire.
Internally, the building has offices to the front, with a toplit staircase that leads to the council chamber on the first floor above the main entrance. The staircase hall has frescos by Bernard McDonough, painted around 1950.