Architect: Jackson & Fox
From The Architect, November 20, 1875: This building is intended for the use of the public officers and the transaction of public business generally in the township of Sowerby, an ancient, extensive, but thinly populated district. The accommodation consists of a large room, 40 feet by 20 feet; committee room, 17 feet by 10 feet; and rate office, 10 feet by 6 feet; with entrance lobby, 11 feet by 10 feet
The style of the building is Jacobean, of the type peculiar to the district, of which there are many excellent examples in the ancient homesteads around, and in which Gothic outline with Italian detail, low-pitched roofs, label moulds with exaggerated terminations, and other peculiarities, n.-ually form a qunint but far from unpleasing bnildiug. The architects are Messrs. Jackson & Fox.