1875 – Boyd Workman’s Institute, Victoria Docks, London

Architect: Giles & Gane


Founded by Henry Boyd, local vicar who was instrumental in trying to improve the lifes of the dockers and their families through education. In the 189s a centre for Deaf and Dumb children operated from the Institute before a permanent school was constructed in Canning Town.

Latest News

October 14, 2016: Irish Architectural Archive’s new publication ‘House and Home’
October 12, 2016: Desmond Guinness Scholarship 2016 open for applications
October 5, 2016: Newbridge House Study Day

Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com