From The Architect, October 2, 1875: This church, which is now just on the verge of completion, is situated at Matfield, about four miles from Paddock Wood Station, on the South-Eastern Railway. It consists of nave (42 feet G inches by 21 feet internal), south aisle (42 feet 6 inches by 8 feet), chancel (25 feet by 15 feet), organ chamber, and vestry, built oi local stone. The external timber work, doors, &c., are of oak. The contract was taken by Mr. J. Tyekhan, of 27 Cranmer Road, Brixton, for the sum of 1,400/. The architect is Mr. Basil Champneys, of 30 Great Marlborough Street, W.