1875 – City Hall, Lisbon
Lisbon’s city hall, called the Paços do Conselho, stands on the east side of the Praça do Municipio. The Neo-Classical facade appears very plain in contrast to the interior. Allegorical figures in the pediment represent freedom, the arts, the sciences, and trade. The interior of the city hall has been lavishly designed in an eclectic stringing together of the most varied styles.