From The Architect, January 23, 1875: This church is being erected in red bricks, with patterns in white, J- and with slated roof. The spirelet is covered with shinglesj and the windows are to be filled with cathedral glass, in lead quarries. The pulpit is to be in oak, with carved panels, and the seating is in deal, stained and varnished. The church is to be warmed by means of a stove placed in a pit in the centre passage. The builder, Mr. James Thurgood, of Great Hadham, has contracted to do the work for 5721., and the architect is Mr. John Sulman, of 1 Guildhall Chambers, Basinghall Street, E.G.