From The Architect, December 25, 1875: These houses are being built near the entrance to Eaton Park from Eccleston village. The walls are of thin bricks; the local red stone being used for doors and windows, and for heads and sills of panels. It was intended to have the whole of exterior of brick. Owing to the difficulty in getting the work executed in a reasonable time after this manner, stone has been introduced. The roofs are covered with brindled tiles.
Mr. Thomas Hughes, of Oldford, is the contractor; the Architect being Mr, John Douglas, of Chester.