Selected Design published in The Architect May 10th 1873. This building was ultimately to become much larger than illustrated with the same design mirrored around a central tower and with two end pavilions. Demolished in 1929. The board was responsible for constructing over four hundred schools across London. An important figure in this process was Edward Robert Robson, the board’s first chief architect, and responsible for designing many of the school buildings erected by the board. The board’s policy was to construct schools which would be attractive, and would serve to improve the general appearance of the districts in which they were constructed. Although school board architecture drew a considerable amount of criticism at the time, the schools were often sturdy and practical structures, and many schools constructed during this period are still in use.