Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1875 – Proposed Restoration St. James’s Church, Grimsby, Lincolnshire

Architect: R.J. Withers

0005

0001000100010001

In 1586, St. James’ became the parish church of Grimsby, after John Whitgift united the parishes of St. James’ and St. Mary’s, the parish church of the latter having been located on Victoria Street. In 1856, Canon Ainslie began a complete restoration of the church, which included lengthening the chancel and the rebuilding of the South transept. Later works included the building of new windows with stone tracery, and the installation of new oak roofs.