From The Architect, November 13, 1875: These villas are in course of erection at Loughborough. The kitchen offices are in the basement, and consist of kitchen, scullery, coal-cellar, wine-cellar, larder and pantry, and w.c.; also a lift to communicate with the ground-floor. On the second-floor are three bed-rooms, and a linen closet. The walls are built hollow of Tucker’s red bricks; the roofs are covered with plain tiles. The cost of the pair, not including boundary walls, will be about 1,4502. Mr. Ludlam, of Loughborough, is the contractor for the brickwork, etc., the other trades are not being carried out by contract. The architect is Mr. Alfred W.N. Burder, of 14 York Buildings, Adelphi, London.