Architect: Alexander Lauder
From The Architect, December 25, 1875: This chapel, the foundations of which are just commenced, is being built on an advantageous site in one of the principal streets of the city. The front, which will be faced with Swanage stone, will be set back from the line and raised above the level of the street, and will be approached by an inclined road planted on each side with ornamental shrubs.
The designs of Mr. Alexander Lauder, of Barnstaple, having been selected, the contract was let to Mr. Lose, builder, of Croydon, for 2,600/, who is now vigorously pressing on the works.